Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems Cyclonic Bioreactor
The Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems Cyclonic BioReactor (CBR) is a Fluidized Sand BioReactor (FSB) otherwise known as a Fluidized Sand Bio-Filter. The purpose of the CBR is to provide a vehicle for the Nitrification of Ammonia by fluidizing (or suspending in water) silica sand media. This is a two stage process where the Nitrifying Bacteria form a biofilm on the surface of the silica sand media that oxidizes Ammonia into Nitrite (Nitrosomonas) and Nitrite into Nitrate (Nitrobacter).
• Designed to maintain the highest level of system water quality with the lowest operating and maintenance cost
• A small footprint, ideal for confined spaces
• Available in many sizes for various flow requirement
• Diameters up through 84” (2134 mm) designed for containerized shipping anywhere in the world
• Multiple units can be connected in parallel for a larger flow rate