The original ... since 1988
One of the simplest ways to dissolve gases, such as oxygen or carbon dioxide, in water is to introduce the gas as small bubbles - the smaller the bubbles the more efficient the absorption of the gas.These aquaculture-duty diffusers are among the most efficient diffusers available, allowing you to increase yield while controlling the cost of expensive gases. Made from premium materials and subject to rigorous testing, MBD diffusers provide the kind of performance and reliability our reputation is built on.
Point Four diffusers use a specially developed, ultra fine pore ceramic plate that produces a cloud of extremely fine bubbles of approximately 100–500 microns; far superior to airstones, porous hose or membrane type designs. The flat plate design ensures uniform bubbles across the entire surface and minimizes bubble coalescence to achieve an absorption rate in excess of 80%, depending on depth and flowrate. Bubbling Pressure is 25 to 35 psi. (1.7 to 2.4 bar).
• One of the most efficient diffusers available
• Robust construction—ceramic plates set in a rigid aluminum base with solidbrass connection fittings
• Easy to install and use—trouble-free operation
• Flexible, modular design lets you easily add or subtract diffusers as your needs change
• Simple ceramic plate maintenance - provides reliable bubbling performance