Request a quote
STATE-OF-THE-ART EQUIPMENT IN A USER-FRIENDLY PACKAGE
The Pentair Aquaponics System 800 utilizes an integrated design to deliver a controlled and balanced growing environment for both fish and plants. This system* features a mix of state-of-the-art equipment and a full complement of Sweetwater® filtration and aeration equipment for an efficient, reliable and user-friendly package.
Two 400 gallon polyethylene tanks can support a maximum of 375 pounds of fish biomass at one time in the system and provide nutrients to at least 60 plants. This is a robust fish and plant production capacity within a small footprint of 10’ x 17’, about the size of a one car garage. It is possible due to the use of a newly designed bead filtration skid system and a Sweetwater Low-Space Bioreactor to maintain optimal water quality. The bead filtration system features a pump, filter, UV sterilizer, valves and rugged Schedule 80 PVC plumbing. All specialty components and equipment are included, except standard PVC pipe (available from your local hardware store.) The filtration/pumping system ships pre-plumbed on its own pallet. To finalize assembly, follow the detailed instruction manual to connect the filtration system to all other components including tanks, using your locally-sourced PVC pipe.
With an expected feed conversion ratio of 1.5 and greater than 90% survival for fish and plants the producer could achieve 750 pounds of fish production and 650 units of leafy greens annually. That equates to 1,000 fish fillets each year for a small household!
Bead Filtration System
• Taurus™ 110 Energy Efficient Aquaculture-Duty Centrifugal Pump.
• Sweetwater® Bead Filter for removal of solids.
• SMART UV® Sterilizer inactivates potentially-harmful micro-organisms such as bacteria and algae.
• Rugged Schedule 80 PVC plumbing and true union Asahi valves.
• Bypass lines to facilitate filter or lamp replacement.
Sweetwater Low-Space Bioreactor
• Fully automatic, self-adjusting and continuously self-cleaning. Utilizes moving bed bioreactor technology to control ammonia and nitrite.
• Two 36-inch x 36-inch plant trays supported by a powdered coated stainless steel stand.
• Sweetwater Air Diffusers provides supplemental oxygen to the fish tanks, grow trays and low-space bioreactor.
• Sweetwater Linear Diaphragm Pump powers the air diffusers and airlifts.
• Circular tanks result in concentrated solids exiting through a center drain to filtration.
• External standpipes set tank water level and eliminate unnecessary plumbing from remaining in fish tank.