Sweetwater® SWX Bio-Media
• Very high surface area; 274 ft2/ft3.
• Manufactured from 100% virgin HDPE polymer.
• Developed specifically for use in Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors (MBBR).
• Available in Cubic Foot quantities; or in bulk bag quantities of One Cubic Meter.
• Highly-competitive pricing.
• Special discounts may be available for larger bulk orders, contact us for details.
Successful biofiltration using moving bed technology requires the use of the right media. Pentair's Sweetwater SWX Bio-Media is the ideal choice at a great price. These biofilm carrier elements are made from 100% virgin high-density polyethylene. With a surface area of 274 ft2/ft3 this proven geometric design provides an abundant amount of surface area for bacteria to colonize. Robust bacteria colonization is essential to the nitrification process of converting ammonia to nitrite and ultimately nitrate. Pentair’s Sweetwater SWX Bio-Media’s positively buoyant characteristic allows for continuous movement in a bio-filtration tank with the use of an air pump or blower. The constant circulating action exfoliates the older, less active bacterial layer; which eliminates the need for backwashing and allows the bio media to be self-cleaning.
• BF150B ships in pallet-sized bulk bag and requires liftgate/forklift handling.
• For reference purposes: 35.3 Cubic Feet equal One Cubic Meter.