Oct 22-23 - Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) Technology Short Course - Port Stephens, Australia
Part# Port Stephens RAS Course
About This Workshop
A short course for aspiring aquaculturists and those in the industry. This short course will be delivered by leading international experts in the field and will feature the latest in international recirculation systems technology; design; construction; operation; business planning; and system management.
About our Presenters
• Dr Thomas M. Losordo
Principal Scientist and Chief Engineer, Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems
• Mr Dennis DeLong
Manager Customer Advocacy, Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems
Topics to be Covered
• Critical Considerations in Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
• Tank Hydraulics and Settleable Solids Removal
• Suspended Solids Removal Technologies
• Nitrification Processes and Biofilter Components
• Aeration and Oxygenation Processes in Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
• Carbon Dioxide Control in Intensive RAS
• Fine and Dissolved Solids Removal: Foam Fractionation
• Denitrification in Aquaculture
• Planning and Building Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
• Management and Operation of Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
• Advancements in Solid Waste Capture and Treatment
• Disease Prevention and Control in Intensive Aquaculture Production
• UV Sterilization, Transmittance and Its Use in Disinfection
• Mass Balance Analysis and Recirculating Systems
• Biofilter Economics: Comparative Cost of Different Biofilter Types
• Production Considerations in RAS Design
• RAS Designs and Layouts
Port Stephens NSW Australia - 22-23 October 2016
Port Stephens NSW, 22-23 October 2016
Soldiers Point Bowling Club, 118 Soldiers Point Road
02 4916 3919
NSWAA, FNFA Association discount $150
Others $170 (GST Incl.)
Reservations are essential and only accepted with payment in full. Participation is limited to the first 50 paid registrants. For reservations, please go to the following sign up page: Learn More
Discounted accommodation (opposite Bowling Club on Port Stephens waterfront).
Ibis Styles Salamander Shores
4982 7210 email@example.com
Mention Aquaculture Workshop for $129.00 rate, includes full buffet breakfast.
Recirculating Barramundi farm tour and conference dinner
Visit Tailor Made Fish Farm and integrated hydroponics for a tour then dinner ($40)
Cancellation Policy: Registered attendees who cancel at least 15 days prior to the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations made 14 to 5 days before the start date result in a 75% refund. NO refund will be granted for cancellations made 4 to 0 days before the start date.
I hereby agree to the terms listed on this form and I grant my explicit permission to Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems (“PAES”) and their affiliated companies, to use my name, my comments about the workshop (written and spoken) and my photo/video likeness in any future marketing and advertising materials; as well as in any other legal means. I hereby grant full copyright of photographs and other written materials from the workshop/course to Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems and their affiliated companies, jointly with the right to reproduce said photos and materials fully or in part. I understand that commercial use of any written materials, videos or photos provided by PAES are strictly prohibited unless written authorization is provided by PAES. Video and/or audio recording of presentations is prohibited.
As part of its separation into a new pure play water company, a new Pentair website has launched. Please visit the new Pentair.com to learn more about our exciting new company and your favorite brands!