Request a quote
The Low Head Oxygenator (LHO) System supersaturates water with oxygen without using high pressure pumps or compressed oxygen typical of other oxygenation equipment. PR Aqua customizes LHOs to meet desired oxygenation results, footprint restrictions, and flow rate requirements.
Water with a low dissolved oxygen concentration is distributed across an orifice plate at the top of the LHO. Water droplets fall evenly into chambers where oxygen (and/or ozone) is injected at one side of the vessel and passes through each chamber in series. Oxygen is driven into the water while nitrogen is forced out. The oxygen depleted gas mixture escapes by bubbling out of the burp tube.
• Minimizes overall water consumption
• Installs easily into raceways, header tanks, or centralized treatment modules
• Efficiently distributes oxygen by using internal baffle design
• Requires minimal maintenance
• Uses gravity fed supply water to allow for low head requirement—no high pressure pumps
• Achieves up to 200% oxygen saturation with low pressure oxygen supply (less than 5 psi when using an oxygen generator)
• Offers durability—aluminum or stainless steel construction
• Uses either bulk or generated oxygen and can be used to dissolve ozone into water
• Allows for adjustment of burp tube depth to suit hydraulic loading rate