Pentair Showcases Integrated Water Reuse, Wastewater Treatment and
Flow Management Solutions at WEFTEC 2014
September 29, 2014
NEW ORLEANS — Pentair is showcasing its latest innovations and integrated solutions for the transfer, flow, treatment and monitoring of clean water and wastewater throughout the world at the Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition (WEFTEC) in New Orleans, September 29 – October 1, 2014. The company, a global water, fluid, thermal management and equipment protection partner, provides a global perspective and depth of expertise across industries to help its customers get more food, energy and efficiency from each drop of water.
“At Pentair, we help customers do more with available water, whether it’s filtering drinking water, treating wastewater for reuse or the safe return to the environment, and helping to manage bodies of water,” said Phil Rolchigo, Ph.D, Pentair’s Vice President of Technology. “Our innovations are driven by the goal of helping our customers do more with existing critical resources, working to achieve more effective methods and sustainable outcomes.”
At WEFTEC, Pentair experts will be sharing industry best practices and insights at presentations and demonstrations including Rolchigo, who will lead a panel discussion around “The Future of Water Re-use” at the show’s Global Center. With more than 32 billion gallons of municipal wastewater produced every day in the United States*, water re-use—the use of treated wastewater for beneficial purposes including irrigation, industrial uses, and drinking water augmentation—has the potential to increase the nation’s total water supply. The panel discussion will focus on the future of water re-use in municipal systems with a focus on advanced technologies and processes to turn waste into revenue. Additional Pentair speakers include:
- Water Reuse: Potential for Expanding the Nation’s Water Supply through Reuse of Municipal Wastewater, 2012. Water Science and Technology Board, The National Academy of Sciences.
- Brian Cantanzaro of Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems will be speaking at the Stormwater Pavilion about the Prairie Creek Treatment Train, addressing water quality degradation through the removal of dissolved and particulate nutrients.
- Robert Mueller will provide in-booth demonstrations of solutions that help reduce the life cycle cost for water booster systems.
- Andrew Crawford will address the effects of variable frequency drives (VFD) on Submersible Wastewater Pumps, and specifically the issue of system compatibility between drive and rotating equipment.
To see the detailed list of Pentair’s speakers at WEFTEC, including dates, times and locations, visit our Events page at pentair.com.
Inspired Solutions for a Changing World
As a leader in helping to manage the world’s precious water resources, Pentair is showcasing its integrated solutions across the entire water landscape at WEFTEC, including:
- Flood Control & Storm Water: Pentair manufactures highly engineered systems to move up to one million gallons per minute of floodwater. Installations range from small municipalities, to the world’s largest pumping station in New Orleans. Key technologies include vertical turbine, axial and mixed-flow propeller pumps.
- Water and Wastewater: Pentair helps make clean, safe water more available and more affordable for drinking, recreation, residential and municipal applications, as well as commercial and industrial applications. Its membranes, valves, fittings, couplings, pumps and tanks are commonly used in systems for potable water for daily use, as well as for the movement, treatment and recycling of wastewater.
- Advanced Filtrations and Treatment: Pentair’s filtration and desalination systems provide cost-effective, sustainable production of fresh water. Its filtration technologies help make safe water more accessible, and also treat and purify water for reuse. Its desalination systems stand up to corrosive seawater, reducing maintenance costs and keeping output flowing.
- Water Quality Monitoring: Pentair offers highly reliable, cost-effective oxygen sensors and monitors designed for the most demanding conditions in the wastewater industry and laboratory test environments. Its solutions including monitors and controllers, probes, sensors and electrolytes, transport systems, portable instruments, oxygen diffuses, water treatment systems, fish feeders and corrosion and odor control systems.
- Oil & Gas: Pentair technologies help the oil and gas industry tackle its water management challenges while reducing energy costs, and provide solutions that keep vital operations running efficiently, effectively and safely. In addition, its technologies for the separation of liquids, solids and gases help solve separation and extraction issues.
At WEFTEC, Pentair is featuring water technology solutions from brands across the company’s portfolio including X-Flow, Codeline, Fairbanks Nijhuis, Keystone, Aurora, Hydromatic, Myers, Hoffman, Delta Environmental and Biffi.
To learn more, visit Pentair at WEFTEC at booth #4935 or the company’s web site at pentair.com.