New Product Announcement: SWEETWATER™ SWX BIO-MEDIA
Successful biofiltration using moving bed technology requires the use of the right media. Pentair’s Sweetwater™ SWX Bio-Media is the ideal choice at a great price. With a surface area of 274 ft²/ft³ this proven geometric design provides an abundant amount of surface area for bacteria to colonize. Robust bacteria colonization is essential to the nitrification process of converting ammonia to nitrite and ultimately nitrate. Pentair’s Sweetwater SWX Bio-Media’s positively buoyant characteristic allows for continuous movement in a bio-filtration tank with the use of an air pump or blower. The constant circulating action exfoliates the older, less active bacterial layer; which eliminates the need for backwashing and allows the media to be self-cleaning.
- Very high surface area; 274 ft²/ft³
- Manufactured from 100% virgin HDPE polymer
- Developed specifically for use in Moving Bed Biofilm Reactors (MBBR).
- Available in Cubic Foot quantities; or in bulk bag quantities of One Cubic Meter.
- Highly-competitive pricing
- Special discounts may be available for larger bulk orders, contact us for details
If you have any questions, please contact a Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems Representative today or email PAES.General@Pentair.com.