Request a quote
Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems Sparus™ Pump with Constant Flow Technology™
3 hp, 1-phase, 230V, 16 Full Load Amps, 1.32 SF, 3.95 SFHP, 50hz/60hz
• The world’s first aquaculture duty pump to deliver a CONSTANT user-defined flow rate
• Pump motor speed self-adjusts to maintain the constant flow rate setting, even as system conditions change
• Digital communication port (RS-485) allows for monitoring/control by PLC systems. Contact us for solutions utilizing a PLC.
Under typical operating conditions, Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology offers the highest water flow rate of any high performance pump—with the lowest electricity consumption. Thanks to its integrated on-board variable frequency drive, this pump automatically calculates and self-adjusts to provide the exact operational speed needed to deliver the exact flow rate you establish. As system conditions change, it self-adjusts to achieve a constant user-specified flow rate. The result of this breakthrough technology is that you achieve the absolute minimum energy usage required to deliver any given flow rate! This high level of efficiency can save you thousands of dollars per year in pump operating costs.
No more closing valves to decrease flow rate or making manual adjustments. Simply select the flow rate you require and the Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology delivers. As system conditions change, the flow rate remains constant. Need a higher or lower flow rate? Simply adjust the desired flow rate by using the simple keypad. No matter what flow rate you select, you’ll rest assured that your desired flow rate remains constant.
The law of physics known as the Affinity Law states that there is a cubic relationship between the speed of an electric motor and its power consumption. By decreasing the speed of a motor by only 10%, you’ll reap up to 33% in electrical energy savings while still achieving the exact flow rate that your application requires. With conventional pumps, the motor is often operating at a speed that is needlessly high for the application. Users of conventional single-speed pumps often find that their only option to decrease their flow rate is to partially close a valve to “throttle” the flow rate. Sparus pump with Constant Flow Technology takes that paradigm and turns it on its head! The intelligence built into every Sparus pump with Constant Flow Technology means that you establish the desired flow rate and leave the decision-making to the pump.
• Fully-programmable for any flow rate from 20–140 gpm
• On-board keypad for simple programming of desired flow rate
• 3 hp rating. 230V, single-phase, 50hz/60hz
• Ultra efficient permanent magnet TEFC motor
• 2” internally threaded NPT inlet/outlet ports and anti-blocking strainer
basket ensure maximum flow and efficiency
• Easy installation and trouble-free servicing
• IP55-rated enclosure for wet locations and harsh conditions
Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology(CFT) will always operate at the slowest speed required to achieve the user-established flow rate; the savings it provides is yours to keep! This pump delivers proven reliability thanks to its saltwater-rated stainless steel internal fasteners and highly robust mechanical seal. Sparus Pump with Constant Flow Technology is a self-priming pump, and it’s also suitable for flooded-suction applications.
Approximate product dimensions: 23.4” L x 11” W x 12.6” H.
One-year warranty. UL778 listed.
Not certified for use in swimming pool applications.