Request a quote
PR Aqua’s OxyTower Gas Treatment Systems for culture water deliver maximum value, performance, and security to aquaculture operators. One rugged, compact unit removes carbon dioxide and oxygenates water. The cost-effective design can be used in partial reuse systems, in recirculating aquaculture systems, or in influent treatment applications.
Designed for optimal gas transfer performance, the OxyTower System delivers energy efficiency through precise pump sizing and low head oxygenation. Blowers are used to strip carbon dioxide. An optional alarm system is easily integrated.
Water enters the vessel from the top orifice plate and cascades down through a Carbon Dioxide Stripper. Blowers, sized specifically for desired flow rates and carbon dioxide removal, force fresh air across water droplets. This process drives off carbon dioxide and absorbs oxygen until the dissolved gases are close to saturation. Treated water flows into a stilling chamber and is delivered to the top of the LHO chamber where water is supersaturated with oxygen.
The OxyTower System, with integrated controls, can be installed into existing facilities and requires:
• Simple plumbing and electrical connections on site
• A pump, header tank, oxygen flow meter, and oxygen source
• Combines carbon dioxide removal and oxygenation into one space-saving, energy-efficient unit
• Lowers energy costs by reducing pumping requirements
• Reuses 50 to 70% of water within a tank system
• Increases fish production without increasing water consumption
• Improves fish health by optimizing water quality
• Installs easily into raceways or tank culture systems
• Allows conversion of a flow-through system into a partial reuse system to significantly reduce water usage
• Treats flows of 100 to 2,000 gpm—seven models available
• Provides durability—aluminum construction
• Offers improved security with built-in blower redundancy
• Integrates with optional components for complete reuse packages