Request a quote
For over 25 years, PR Aqua has pioneered innovative solutions for aquaculture production. We offer expertise in aquaculture engineering and manufacturing. From conservation hatcheries to commercial operations, PR Aqua works with you to develop an integrated life support system tailored to your species and goals. Integrated tank systems improve fish health and reduce costs. For existing flow-through systems using raceway tanks, moving to circular tanks will significantly improve water utilization and is a good first step towards implementing water reuse.
Improve Fish Health
• Maintain uniform water quality: Circular tanks achieve proper water circulation, which prevents lowoxygen regions from developing. Higher oxygen levels can be maintained, which improves fish health, growth rates, and feed conversion ratios. Unlike raceways, high fish densities can be safely maintained.
• Raise fit fish: Circular tanks provide a range of rotational velocities across the radius of the tank. With a variety of swim speeds, hatchery fish have better stamina and survivability. In addition, proper tank hydraulics evenly distribute feed and fish.
• Minimize pathogens: Unlike concrete, PR Aqua’s proprietary fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) laminate does not harbor pathogens. The smooth, fish-friendly surface eliminates fin and scale damage, which can increase susceptibility to infection. Additionally, morts and solids move quickly to the drains, which helps maintain optimal water quality.
• Reduce labor requirements: PR Aqua’s self-cleaning tank design effectively removes both feed and waste. You’ll eliminate tedious vacuuming and brushing.
• Decrease water consumption: Aquaculture facilities with water shortages or poor source water quality find that circular tanks can reduce water usage by 50 percent or more.
• Condense facility footprint: Circular tanks allow for improved rearing densities and greater water depths when compared to raceways, resulting in reduced facility footprint.
PR Aqua’s fiberglass tanks come in sizes ranging from small research tanks to 48-foot diameter culture tanks. These tanks can be used in a variety of aquaculture settings. PR Aqua’s FRP laminate provides years of worry-free use. Tank features include:
• UV-resistant gel coat availabe in standard and customer colors
• Fish-friendly joints and surfaces
• Above- and below-grade installation options
• Ability to configure tanks into header tanks, reservoirs, or fish transport tanks
• Easy, on-site installation with no secondary fiberglass work required
A PR Aqua Combi Tank is a complete “hatchery system” for starting salmonoid development. The Combi Tank is designed for hatching eggs, first feeding fry, and rearing larger fry. You can grow up to 25,000 fry in 3.8 liters (1 gallon) before moving to larger rearing tanks. The tanks hydrodynamics simplify cleaning procedures.
Tank System Components
All PR Aqua tanks can be configured to meet your needs. For a complete, operable system, PR Aqua provides the following options: side drains, spray bars, screens, stand pipes, bottom drains, stands and skirts, and predator/ shade covers. Please contact us for details and for assistance in configuring your tank system.